Thomas STEINMANN, Prof., Dr. iur.
- University of Lausanne (Ph.D. Summa Cum Laude, Prof. Walther Hug’s Prize and Prof. Ernst Blumenstein’s Award, 1991)
- Bar exam (1990)
- University of Lausanne (Licence en Sciences Politiques, 1984)
- University of Lausanne (Licence en droit, 1984)
- Partner, PYTHON (1995 to date)
- Professor, University of Lausanne (1993 to date)
- Visiting Attorney, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, New York (1990-1991)
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Best Lawyers, Switzerland, 2018, Wealth Management Practice
- Le contrat d’agence commerciale en Europe, Schulthess, Zürich 2005 (760 pages), co-author
- Les transferts de technologies et de marques en droit fiscal international, Schulthess, Zurich 1991 [Etudes suisses de droit international, vol. 71] (249 pages)
PYTHON handles asset protection and succession planning matters, as well as tax, investment and general estate matters in the private client space. The team, which advises many Chinese clients, includes Thomas Steinmann, one of the key contacts.
The four-partner practice at PYTHON handles corporate advice, reorganisation and transaction matters for domestic and international clients. Thomas Steinmann is one of the key contacts.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019
The Zug-based Thomas Steinmann is a ‘very good negotiator’ who ‘gets deals done’.
Legal 500 EMEA 2018
In 2017, PYTHON handled an increasing number of inheritance disputes, while also providing advice on asset protection, tax, estate planning, domiciliation and family office matters. Jean-Christophe Hocke and Thomas Steinmann head the team.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017