Mathieu GRANGES, Dr. iur.
Specialized in arbitration and litigation with good skills in international private law, Mathieu has a strong expertise in commercial cases, in particular in commercial contracts law, labor law, real estate and lease law. In connection with insolvency law, he provides advice and assistance notably in asset freezing proceedings, composition proceedings and bankruptcy stay proceedings.
- University of Geneva (Ph.D., 2009-2013)
- University of Geneva (Certificate of Advanced Studies in the Legal Profession, 2013)
- University of Cambridge (Visiting Scholar, 2012-2013)
- University of Geneva and the University of Basel (Bilingual Masters degree, Magna Cum Laude, 2008)
- University of Geneva including an exchange (ERASMUS) at the Humboldt University of Berlin (Bachelors of Law, 2007)
- Partner, PYTHON (2020 to date)
- Secondee Associate, Clyde & Co LLP, London (2017)
- Associate, PYTHON (2015 to 2019)
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Geneva University’s Law Faculty, Department of International Private Law, for Professor Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler and Professor Thomas Kadner Graziano (2008-2013)
- Support for the Geneva Master in International Dispute Settlement (2008-2010)
- Research Assistant, Geneva University, Project directed by Professor Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler and funded by SNSF Topic: The Philosophical and Legal Theoretical Aspects of Arbitration (2008)
- Internship at Ahnefeld und Kollegen, Legal Services, Berlin (2007)
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) and ASA below 40
- Les intérêts moratoires en arbitrage international, PhD Thesis, Schulthess / LGDJ, Collection genevoise, 2014, p. 343
- Interview on different contract law’s issues in the RTS (Swiss Radio Television) TV show A Bon Entendeur (ABE) broadcasted on 19 November 2019 re: Travel insurance: how to make it complicated when it could be simple!
- Les spécificités de l’arbitrage commercial international et la mise en œuvre du recours à l’arbitrage – Expériences européennes, 33e Conférence internationale des Barreaux de tradition juridique commune, Prélude CIFAF, December 3rd, 2018, Lausanne
- Jurisdiction over set-off defenses arising out of contracts that are subject to another arbitration clause (cf. 4A_482/2010) – Practical Application and Solutions, ASA below 40, Seminar, Swiss Case Law Series, September 14th, 2018, Bern
- The conflict of characterizations of the concept of interest in international arbitration, in PhD school in International Private Law: the third French speaking Cycle, organized by the Swiss western University Conference (CUSO), March 24th, 2011, Neuchâtel