Marc IYNEDJIAN, Dr. iur., LL.M. (Columbia)
French, English, German
Geneva Bar (2002)
+ 41 22 702 15 15
+ 41 22 702 14 14
Marc advises on international and domestic transactions, including M&A and real estate transactions. He also has significant experience in energy matters. Over the last years, he has advised large corporations in various commercial contract and M&A matters, has assisted clients in energy infrastructure projects and also advised various private and institutional investors in real estate transactions (asset or share deals).
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., 2005, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- University of Lausanne (Ph.D, 2002)
- University of Lausanne (Law Degree, 1998, summa cum laude)
- Partner, PYTHON (2011 to date)
- Associate, PYTHON (2006-2010)
- Lecturer, LL.M. – International and European Economic and Commercial Law (University of Lausanne, School of Law) (2009-2014)
- Visiting Attorney, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, New York (2005)
- Trainee and then Associate, Bär & Karrer, Geneva (2000-2004)
- Intern at the World Trade Organization (Legal Affairs Division), Geneva (2000)
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Comparative and European Law (Prof. M. Giovanoli), University of Lausanne (1998-2000)
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Since 2011
- Since 2019
- Les responsabilités environnementales dans les transactions de M&A, Umweltrecht in der Praxis (URP) / Droit de l’environnement dans la pratique (DEP) 6 / 2019, pp. 529-539
- La vente à la valeur comptable, Aspects juridiques, Expert Focus 2018/6-7, pp. 40-44
- Les modes de rémunération d’un réseau de distribution fine d’électricité, Jusletter 2 mars 2015 (co-author with Yannick Corbalan)
- Gas Sale and Purchase Agreements under Swiss Law, ASA Bulletin 2012 (4), pp. 145-156
- Cash Pooling – aspects juridiques et fiscaux, in L’éclectique juridique, Recueil d’articles en l’honneur de Jacques Python (Python eds), 2011, pp. 29-53, (co-author with Stéphane Fiora)
- Crédits documentaires et mesures d’embargo, RSDA/SZW 5/2008, pp. 476-488 (co-author with Nicolas de Gottrau)
- The Case for Incorporating Scientists and Technicians into WTO Panels, Journal of World Trade 2008 (2), pp. 279-297
- Reform of the WTO Appeal Process, Journal of World Investment and Trade 2005 (5), pp. 809-841
- GATS et permis de travail – Les engagements contractés par la Suisse au titre du GATS en matière de permis de travail, Semaine judiciaire II 2004 (5), pp. 105-136
- Les moyens à disposition des particuliers en cas de violation par la Suisse des règles de l’OMC, Aktuelle Juristische Praxis / Pratique juridique actuelle, 2003 (11), pp. 1353-1363
- L’Accord de l’Organisation mondiale du commerce sur l’application des mesures sanitaires et phytosanitaires – Une analyse juridique, L.G.D.J, Paris 2002
- Le principe de précaution en droit international public, Revue de droit international, des sciences diplomatiques et politiques / The International Law Review (Geneva), 2000 (3), pp. 247-262
- La monnaie électronique, Schweizerisches Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsrecht / Revue suisse de droit des affaires / Swiss Review of Business Law, 2000 (4), pp. 169-176
- Advised clients in corporate acquisitions and disposals in various industries (hotels, watches and luxury goods, fast food restaurants, commodity trading, etc.)
- Advised a major energy company in various large acquisitions and infrastructure projects (including pipelines and power plants)
- Advised private and institutional investors (including regulated investment funds and pension funds) in real estate acquisitions and disposals (asset and share deals)
- Advised industrial clients in mixed real estate share/asset deals
- Advised groups of companies in corporate restructurings (merger, spin-off, etc.)
Marc Iynedjian is an invaluable business partner, always protecting his client’s interests. He is very pragmatic, diligent, professional and business oriented.
Legal 500 EMEA 2020 – Real Estate and Construction
Marc Iynedjian is very competent, approachable and responsive. He has a very good understanding of the energy sector and always proposes pragmatic and legally sound solutions.
Legal 500 EMEA 2020 – Corporate and M&A
The real estate department at PYTHON is considered to be ‘very professional, client focused and reliable’. Marc Iynedjian ‘has the capacity to translate the clients’ need into contracts’.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019 – Real Estate and Construction
The four-partner practice at PYTHON handles corporate advice, reorganisation and transaction matters for domestic and international clients. Marc Iynedjian is one of the key contacts.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019 – Corporate and M&A
Marc Iynedjian understands problems quickly and is very business-minded.
PYTHON’s central pillars are banking and corporate advice as well as representation in contentious matters. Marc Iynedjian is one of the main contacts.
Legal 500 EMEA 2018 – Corporate and M&A
PYTHON fields an ‘excellent’ commercial, corporate and M&A team, in which Marc Iynedjian is recommended.
Known for its energy-sector strength, PYTHON’s ‘excellent’ practice regularly acts for key client Engie, recently advising it on the Nord Stream 2 joint venture. Marc Iynedjian is recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017 – Corporate and M&A