Jean-Yves REBORD, Dr. iur.
Jean-Yves is specialized in collective investments, in particular real estate investments. His clients are essentially composed of banks and other financial intermediaries under the supervision of FINMA and of pension institutions. Jean-Yves also has extensive expertise in bank financing and litigation relating to the recovery of funds. He is a member of several boards of directors.
- University of Fribourg (Doctorate in law, Magna Cum Laude, 2002-2008)
- University of Fribourg (Law degree, 1995-1999)
- Partner, PYTHON (2015 to date)
- Associate, PYTHON (2009 to 2015)
- Associate, Baker&McKenzie (2007-2009)
- Trainee, Baker&McKenzie (2005-2006)
- Lawyer, Credit Suisse (2001-2004)
- Trainee, Banque Darier&Hentsch (2000)
- Association Suisse des professionnels de la titrisation immobilière (Swiss Association of real estate securitization professionals)
- Sociétés en commandite de placements collectifs immobilières, quo vadis après la révision de la loi sur les placements collectifs de capitaux? Revue suisse de droit des affaires et du marché financier (RSDA/SZW) 5/2013, pp. 367 ss, octobre 2013, co-authored with Olivier Klunge
- Entrée en vigueur de l’ordonnance sur les fondations de placement et modification de la réglementation sur les placements collectifs de capitaux, quelle application du principe “same business, same risks, same rules” pour les placements collectifs immobiliers?, in RSDA 4/2013, pages 275 ss, co-authored with Olivier Klunge
- La réglementation des placements collectifs dans l’immobilier, doctoral thesis completed at the University of Fribourg, 2009
- Invited speaker, HEC-Lausanne, Le rôle et la fonction de l’avocat en matière de placements collectifs immobiliers, 2015 and 2016
- Share deal entre sociétés immobilières et SICAV immobilières, Montreux, December 2016
- Lecturer at USPI Formation within the framework of IMMOCAPITAL training since 2015
- Acquisition of miscellaneous authorizations in favour of collective investment managers, real estate SICAV, real estate investment funds, foreign representatives and distributors of collective investments
PYTHON’s banking team is recommended for its ‘good industry knowledge and responsiveness’, working on licensing, investment fund, anti-money laundering, compliance, litigation and FINMA matters. Jean-Yves Rebord has particular expertise in financial products.
Legal 500 EMEA 2018
PYTHON’s practice is known for its strength in regulatory and contentious banking matters. It regularly assists banks and asset managers in their dealings with FINMA and has represented banks and their clients in banking litigation. Jean-Yves Rebord is recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017