Geneva Bar (1997)
+41 22 702 15 15
+41 22 702 14 43
Jean-Christophe advises mostly HNWI, small and medium size companies, entrepreneurs and family offices on all types of corporate matters and investments, with a focus on private equity and real estate transactions. Jean-Christophe regularly advises clients on shareholder and family member related matters in the context of domestic and international investments. He also has significant expertise in residential and commercial real estate projects, including in the hotel industry.
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit, 1993)
- Partner, PYTHON (2004 to date)
- Associate, PYTHON (1997-2003)
- Trainee, PYTHON (1995-1997)
- Visiting lawyer, Golenbock, Eiseman, Assor and Bell, New York (1993-1994)
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Jean-Christophe Hocke and Olivier Klunge Are Exclusive Contributors for the Second Edition of The In-House Lawyer Real Estate Switzerland Comparative Guide 2019 Published by the Legal 500. Please access the article here.
- The In-House Lawyer Comparative Guide for real estate in Switzerland 2018. Co-authored with Olivier Klunge. Published by the Legal 500. Please access the article here.
PYTHON handles asset protection and succession planning matters, as well as tax, investment and general estate matters in the private client space. The team, which advises many Chinese clients, includes Jean-Christophe Hocke, one of the key contacts.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019
In 2017, PYTHON handled an increasing number of inheritance disputes, while also providing advice on asset protection, tax, estate planning, domiciliation and family office matters. Jean-Christophe Hocke and Thomas Steinmann head the team.
PYTHON counts institutional investors, commercial users and private individuals among its clients, whom it advises on transactions, construction projects and agreements, Lex Koller matters, financing, leasing, environmental aspects and the full spread of contentious real estate issues. The practice assisted Promoroches with its sale of luxury resort Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa to a Chinese financial group per asset deal. Christophe de Kalbermatten and Marc Iynedjian head the practice, while Jean-Christophe Hocke is the third key partner.
Legal 500 EMEA 2018
Jean-Christophe Hocke is a key contact at the firm.
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2018
The ‘very responsive and dedicated’ Jean-Christophe Hocke regularly assists clients with their relocation to Switzerland.
PYTHON’s ‘very good’ team regularly advises foreign clients on commercial and residential real estate transactions. It recently assisted Westcore with the sale of the Satigny business park in Geneva for CHF58m. Marc Iynedjian and Jean-Christophe Hocke are recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017
Practice co-head Jean-Christophe Hocke is a key contact for clients.
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2017