Frederic is able to approach and appreciate tax matters from both sides, as a lawyer and as a former member of the Swiss Federal Tax Administration. Though his expertise is more focused on complex cross-border tax issues related to double taxation treaties, he also practices in the field of domestic taxation.
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit, 1988)
- Federal Tax Administration, Division for International Tax Matters and Double Taxation, Head of Division Countries IV (Luxembourg, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Canada); Delegate for Switzerland at the OECD Forum on Harmful Tax practices; Member of the Swiss Delegation in the negotiations with the EU, Bilatérales ll, on Customs Fraud (1993-2007)
- Associate at Python, Schifferli, Peter & Associés (1991-1993)
- Visiting Attorney at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, New York (1991)
- Révision des Conventions de double imposition avec les Pays-Bas et avec la France, ASA 64 p. 23 ss, 1996
- ILCE Neuchâtel, Tax Lecture
- Centro di Studi Bancari, Lugano, the Beneficial Owner in the Double Taxation Treaties (Master International Tax Compliance)
PYTHON creates tax-efficient structures and reorganisation solutions for clients, while also being able to represent them in negotiations regarding tax rulings. Tax authority expert Frédéric Gante is one of the key contacts.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019